Ease and delight emanate from this property. Years ago, Howard Design Studio created the rear garden and woodland retreat and returned to this steep wedge of land with D. Stanley Dixon, Architect when the owners decided to build a new house. At the front, the lawn rolls toward a cobbled, elliptical court while the drive curves around. A lovely shade garden and fountain graces the owners’ private entry while antique cobbles and bricks bolster the historic nature of the neighborhood. Behind the house, a gravel courtyard and dining area appear amidst lush plantings and stairs lead to the new pool terrace. Rising further up is the beloved getaway in the trees.
- House Architect: D. Stanley Dixon
- Pavilion Architect: Spitzmiller & Norris
- Interior Designer: Carolyn Malone
- Builder: Breiding & Sons
- Garden Construction & Maintenance: Bloom’n Gardens
- Photographer: Emily Followill