The composed simplicity of this estate garden references the 1929 plan by architect Philip Trammell Shutze. Part renovation, part reinvention, Howard Design Studio created the encompassing garden in concert with Pak Heydt & Associates, who restored the English-style residence. Each level and outdoor space is clearly arranged and connect the land to the house. A new limestone side terrace steps down to the calm depths of a Koi pond. The Lutyens bench, fieldstone paths, hydrangea, and the formal boxwood parterres lend pleasing texture, symmetry, pattern and form to this ordered place. Renewed, the landscape reverberates with the sound of water and anticipation of discovery.
- Original Architect 1929: Philip Trammell Shutze
- Renovation Architect: Pak Heydt & Associates
- Interior Designer: Miles Redd
- Builder: Mark A. Palmer
- Garden Construction & Maintenance: Galbraith Grounds Management
- Photographer: Emily Followill